Student Tracking and Admin Reporting System (STARS)
- School Portal
- Guardian Portal
- School Mobile
- Guardian Mobile
How STARS works
- Teachers/Staff/School Administrators uses the STARS “School Portal’’ to:
- Add the student’s information into the system. They can also use the portal to assign the students to the appropriate class.
- The Teacher issues the Blue Low Energy (BLE) tag to the child in class. He does this using the ‘’School Mobile Application to electronically tag the child. A Picture of the child is taken as part of the electronic tagging.
- “Driver Mobile Application”. The “Driver Mobile Application” has to be kept on for the duration of the trip. Only when the driver mobile app is kept on, would the system be able to track the location of the child that is on board the bus.
- The Guardian (e.g. mother) uses the “Guardian Mobile Application” to electronically tag their child. The first guardian to electronically tag the child is then marked as the “Primary Guardian” of the child.
- When the subsequent Guardian “Secondary Guardian” (e.g. father) electronically tags the child, the system will send an approval request to the “Primary Guardian”. Only if the “Primary Guardian” approves the request, the “Secondary Guardian” will be able to track the child.
- The Guardian (e.g. mother) uses the “Guardian Mobile Application” to electronically tag their child. The first guardian to electronically tag is marked as the “Primary Guardian” of the child.
- When the subsequent Guardian “Secondary Guardian” (e.g. father) electronically tag the child, the system will send an approval request to the “Primary Guardian”. Only if the “Primary Guardian” approves the request, the “Secondary Guardian” will be able to track the child.
Student Tracking and Admin Reporting System is a simple solution used for monitoring students’ movement in and outside of school. STARS uses ATLAS is a simple solution allowing parents and schools to keep track of young children on the move.
Through fixed readers and smartphones, with our mobile app running in the background, the STARS tracking device on the child is scanned when the child is getting on the school bus, when on a school outing or in the classroom.
STARS can also be paired to a specific smartphone via the app. If the child wanders further than the set distance, a proximity alert will be activated by the app. This acts as an early warning system of dangerous situations for children in crowded areas.
The STARS system consists of the following components:
- School Portal - School administrators/staff/teachers can use the portal to create and maintain classes and activities in the school. They can also use the portal to create and maintain the list of students in the school as well as monitor the class and activity attendance of students
- School Mobile Application - Teachers use the mobile application to electronically tag the student to the Blue Low Energy (BLE) devices. The application can also be used by the teacher to take attendance of the class activities as well as track the location of the student for the duration of the activities.
- Guardian Portal: This portal is used by the Guardian to track the child.
- Guardian Mobile: It is used by the guardian to track the child. For the primary guardian, the application is used to approve the secondary guardian to access the child.
- Driver Mobile: This mobile is used the school drivers. Its main purpose is to help STARS to track the student/child on the bus.
Benefits of STARS
- Movement of students can inside and outside of school can be tracked if RIFD readers are tagged on the students
- FRID student tracking system in school buses helps schools track whether a student is getting off at the right stop
- The RFID student tracking system generates a message to both the parent and school informing them that their child has boarded the bus/reached school
- RFID in schools can be used to automate attendance and save time as teachers don’t have to take attendance manually
- The tracking system can also be used by drivers, the driver will have to swipe in at the start of the trip and at the end.
- The RFID tracking system can be used to generate student attendance and activity report
- Active RFID tracking system can help easily the movement of students and is better placed in school entrances to keep track of everyone entering and exiting the school.
- RFID cards can also be given to guests entering the school to keep track of their movements while they are on campus.