No matter how small your business is, an asset tracking solution is one of the most important things to invest in. The solution should be among the never-ending list of the tools and technologies you should fit in your budget when looking for tracking solutions for your business.
Asset tracking refers to the process or method of tracking physical assets. This can be done by either scanning barcode labels attached to the asset or by using GPS or RFID which broadcasts their location.
The solution can be useful for tracking both fixed and movable assets. They could include high-value, moveable assets, and assets that require regular maintenance, repairs or replacement parts such as equipment and machinery.
These ingredients provide the means to locate physical objects, collect data on its usage and whereabouts, and also provide reports on all activity. For businesses, the system enables them to effectively track a collection of assets from when the items are purchased or received until they are shipped or disposed of.
Basically, using the Asset Tracking hardware and software helps businesses identify what they have and monitor the changes in physical location.
At Safetrac, Limited, our ATLAS™ BLE solution is used as locator tags to track indoor assets within a building using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) tags to map indoor locations. The tag works by beaconing its location ID which can then be picked up by the user’s smartphone. The smartphone will then send the information collected to our cloud platform which will then generate location, tamper and authorization data.
ATLAS™ is a powerful lightweight solution that has many different track and trace and chain of custody applications. Tapping on the massive processing power of modern smartphones, ATLAS™ can begin live tracking of a multitude inanimate and animate subjects with ease without a built-in GPS.
With ATLAS™ BLE solution, the location tags map out indoor facilities in the absence of GPS. For example, if they are used in a hospital, the tags can be used to map Ward A, Ward B, Theatre Room A, Corridor X and so on. The ATLAS BLE tags can then be programmed with the asset tags and will beacon its ASSET ID which will then be picked up by the user’s smartphone.
ATLAS can be applied in the following scenarios:
- Locating wares during the whole production process
- Tracking of working equipment and vehicle
- Position determination of employees/patients and runway analysis
- Leading clients to specific products with indoor navigation
- Theft protection and other security applications, for example evacuation
The benefits include:
- Increased efficiency – Our Asset tracking solution saves time and makes many indoor processes faster and streamlined
- Enjoy cost savings – The solution reduces instances of lost items, inefficiency used resources and other problems within your company or business that might lead to higher costs.
- Maintain accountability – You can quickly uncover problem areas in your organization or business and help employees in need of assistance with the help of asset tracking solutions.
- Organized layout – Knowing where each item is located within your business makes you look organized. Your employees no longer have to move around your business premises looking for lost items. They can easily ascertain the location or any asset using a wireless device. This helps to save time.
Learn more about Safetrac Limited’s Indoor asset tracking solution to start enjoying its benefits and more. For inquiries, e-mail email@example.com or call us on 0732 222 205/787.