Theft of valuables is a major problem for small businesses. Depending on the size of your business, an asset tracking solution should therefore be among your top never ending list of all the tools and technologies in your business wish list.
With asset tracking technologies, businesses can use GPS technology to monitor the location of assets. These assets could either be fixed or movable, often both.
Asset tracking streamlines the monitoring managing, and allocating of physical assets using barcodes or asset tags which are affixed to a physical asset and scanned by barcode readers or smartphones.
Individual assets are assigned a unique identification number making it easy to identify the location of a specific asset. The tags beacon their location ID which can then be picked up by the readers (smartphones). Once the reader picks up the asset and locator IDs the data is then sent to the cloud – identifying asset seen at the location of the timestamp.
The barcode label eliminate the need for manual documentation and data entry and the asset tracking therefore eliminates much human error that can result in mistakes that can delay workflow that will end up interrupting the supply chain.
What Assets should I track?
Asset tags and barcode labels are useful for tracking both fixed and movable assets within your business. They can include:
- Moveable assets and assets that require regular maintenance, repairs or replacement parts etc.
- High-value assets, such as assets that are depreciated.
Below are some of the benefits of implementing an asset tracking solution for your business:
- Asset location – Businesses can be able to know the location of their assets in real-time. They can also easily transfer assets between different sites while at the same time retaining maintenance history.
- Saves time – With asset tracking, all your monitored assets are visible on a single, central console giving you all the information you need with just a few clicks of the mouse. This saves time as you don’t have to manually compile an inventory of these assets.
- Detailed insights into into equipment performance – Tracking individual assets enables managers to save money, reduce equipment downtime, and also control stock loss.
- Understand cost of ownership for assets – Understanding the value of your assets within your building helps maintenance teams to better manage repair expenses.
- Find and solve issues before they happen – While the asset tracking system continually gathers information about your assets, it can also check the assets performance and alert you if something is wrong. This helps to quickly identify and address the problem before it gets out of hand.
Asset tracking technologies provides multiple benefits to an organization helping them increase productivity, while decreasing operational costs.
If you are interested in learning more about how you can benefit from implementing our asset tracking technology for your organisation, request pricing today by sending an email to email@example.com or calling us on +254 780 220 275 or +254 732 222 787.